Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Welcome to The History of Hockey Cards

Welcome to my new blog. Wax Stain Rookie will always be going but I want to focus on the history of hockey cards too. It has been a blog idea for many years and I started the blog a few years ago. I never posted anything because of time, and lack of direction. I think I have a little time now and I think I have an idea of what direction I want to take with it. With that being said, still going to be in my style of posting so I apologize for that but I am striving for quantity over quality. If I proof read everything I did I would have a 10th as many posts as I do because I tend to have a bit of a perfectionism in me so when I start to care about something I tend to over analyze. But if I attempt something without that exception of it being flawless, I have no problem just letting the grammatical errors flow. I still am going to stick to the facts however so what you read here will be true as far as I know the truth.

The design is going to be a work in progress to say the least. I have no idea of how I want it to look etc, but I thought I would begin with material and let it organically evolve. So those very talented bloggers out there with design backgrounds and programming skills will need to bear with me and endure some time of uncertainty.

I hope to look at sets, singles, inserts and the evolution of hockey cards from 1910 until current day. My first topic will be the 74-75 OPC WHA hockey set. I am going to break the set down card by card and allow those to have a chance to see it for the first time or find some appreciation for a set they already own. If you have ideas for my blog please share them with me but that is where I am going to start. So, next post, card number 1 from the 74-75 OPC WHA set.

I promise, my set will look better than this one I shared a while back from one of my mystery boxes.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, can't wait to follow along, I've added this to my blogroll. '74-75 WHA card #1 happens to be very high on my personal want list, looking forward to reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. will be waiting to read this--sounds like an ambitious project but fUN

    ReplyDelete