Thursday, February 27, 2014

74-75 OPC WHA Set Card by Card #7 - Rosaire Paiement

Rosaire was a minor league star who benefited from the WHA like many fringe players. He turned out to be a pretty consistent WHA player who averaged nearly 30 goals a year in his first 4 WHA seasons. Still, never broke out as a superstar like he was in the EHL with the Jersey Devils but was a solid WHA player.

Here is the back side. As you can see, it is one of my rougher condition cards from the set with a crease or two on the bottom right. I really like the comic on this one, which states defensemen always wear ankle guards. That is something that was true...disappeared and now is making a comeback again.

3 comments:

  1. Great card, I love the obnoxious yellow Cougars sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also sent an autograph request to Rosaire and he signed my cards. He asked if I had any extra cards for his son and I sent him a complete 84/85 OPC set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @showboxlegends These kind of remind me of the Oakland Athletics or Golden Seals in some ways..I think having one of those sweaters would be pretty fun!

    @Al Wow, that is very generous of you! Did you ever hear back on your gift?

    ReplyDelete